Improving Business Performance
As an independent Interim Executive John Greenhalgh has a successful track record of assisting businesses experiencing financial pressures across many sectors and specialises in TURNAROUND.
John’s experience of challenging circumstances in many diverse businesses means he is adept at:
- Grasping the key business issues quickly and driving improvement
- Building strong relationships with management and key stakeholders
- Devising and implementing plans to improve business performance
- Working closely with key company advisors
Typical roles performed include:
- Working with the CEO and Board devising a strategy to ensure the survival of the business
- Preparing a plan to improve the company’s fortunes, in conjunction with the company’s management
- Hands on management of cashflow crises, including building cashflow forecasts
- Negotiations with banks, suppliers, customers, shareholders, venture capitalists and other key stakeholders
- Implementation of plans identified by banks’ advisors
John’s sector experience includes:
Prior to becoming a turnaround professional John, a Chartered Accountant, worked as Finance Director for a telecoms company where an MBO had taken place that generated a return of 100 times investment to shareholders.
John previously had held positions at Aiwa hi-fi, Courage beers and Olympus cameras. He qualified with BDO Stoy Hayward and spent 4 years with Ernst & Young as a management consultant. John is a member of the Institute for Turnaround
John is known by the Corporate Recovery arms of most of the UK’s large accounting firms and also works with private equity firms and UK clearing banks. John lives in Huntingdon between Peterborough and Cambridge.
John’s view is that the approach adopted by the Interim Executive and the quality of decision-making is key, rather than the need to have had previous knowledge of the sector.
Interim Executive works with a number of associates and can provide interim senior executives at all levels.