Some of the comments from clients John has faced on starting assignments include:
- Our bankers want their money back, but we are under increasing pressure and need a larger overdraft. I don't know what to do.
- We need a £1m increase in our overdraft facility because the bank reconciliation we did was incorrect.
- The accountant I told you would be here on your first day to go though the accounts with you walked out on Friday.
- 5 of our cheques bounced this morning and one of our bank accounts has been frozen.
- One of our hauliers is in reception demanding payment and won't leave until he's seen the Finance Director.
- The Finance Director and Managing Director were arrested last week on fraud charges...and there is a plan for our main customer to move their business elsewhere this month.
- We haven't produced any management accounts for 4 months.
- We put the other manufacturing site into Administration 10 days ago and our creditors are demanding payment for supplies in advance.
These situations / comments are exactly the sort of
challenges we thrive on.